New course sale
Are you ready to level up your cake skills?
A fabulous cake not only looks good on the outside but it should taste good on the inside as well. We are going back to the basics. This class is perfect for you to learn and take your baking and cake skills to the next level. This class will guide you every step of the way, from baking to serving the cake.
This course will help everyone, from a complete novice who had never made a cake before to professionals.
What you'll learn
Baking 101- the fundamentals
3 tried and tested recipes
How to make Italian Meringue buttercream
How to Frost a round cake
Prepare, torte and fill the cake layers
Frosting a cake to a smooth finish with sharp edges
How to store and serve the cake
Here's what we'll cover:
In this lesson, our focus is baking a cake from scratch. Here’s what you’ll learn:
- You will learn and understand the ingredients and tools necessary in baking.
- The secret to baking flat or even cakes
- Learn what cake pans are best for baking cakes and prepare the pans so that the cake would not stick to the pan.
- How to measure different kinds of ingredients properly.
- Tips on successful baking
This class comes with 3 kinds of cake recipes – butter, oil and sponge type cakes. I will show you in video how to recreate my favorite recipes that are tried and tested for use in specialty cakes such as wedding or fondant covered cakes. You will also get a downloadable copy recipes of the cake. Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Vanilla Butter cake
- Chocolate cake
- Light and Fluffy Chiffon Cake
In this lesson, you will learn to make my favorite buttercream, the Italian Meringue Buttercream. I will show you step by step how to make this super silky and delicious buttercream. Here's what you'll learn:
- The secret to the perfect meringue.
- How to make a silky smooth buttercream that will not curdle
- How to store and freeze the buttercream
- How to make different flavor variations and fillings with the IMBC
Building a cake
In this lesson, we are going to learn how to put a layer cake together and how to frost a round cake. Here's what you'll learn:
- How to prepare your cakes so as to avoid the bulging cake problem
- Learn ways of torting or levelling the cake layers
- How to fill and frost the cake properly
- How to crumbcoat and frost a cake to a super smooth finish with super sharp edges.
Once you have your beautiful canvass, it’s time for the fun and creative part - decorating the cake! Here's what you'll learn:
- How to prepare and use a pastry bag
- How to use different pastry nozzles to create fun designs on the cake
- Add the finishing touches
Trouble shooting, storing and serving the cake
In this lesson we will discuss common problems when making a cake. Here's what you'll learn:
- How to adjust recipes for high altitude baking
- Substitutes for ingredients
- Timelines for making a cake during the week to avoid stress
- How to store finished cake
- How to cut and serve the cake
Once you finish the class, you will have the confidence to create the perfect cakes to impress your family, friends and even clients!
Who is this course for?
This class is for you if:
· You are a beginner with little to no experience in making cakes
· You are an experienced cake decorator but want to improve and learn other techniques
· You are intimidated with baking from scratch
· You want to bake delicious and moist cakes
· You want to stop wasting time and ingredients on failed cakes
· You want to turn your hobby into a business
· You want to make professional looking fabulous cakes!
You get LIFETIME access to online video tutorials that you can watch over and over, wherever you are as long as you have internet access!
Got questions? No worries, you get access to the instructor inside the class if you have any further questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
When does the course start and finish?
The course starts now and never ends! It is a completely self-paced online course - you decide when you start and when you finish.
How long do I have access to the course?
How does lifetime access sound? After enrolling, you have unlimited access to this course for as long as you like - across any and all devices you own.
What if I am unhappy with the course?
We would never want you to be unhappy! If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, contact us in the first 7 days and we will give you a full refund.